Massage/Reflexology with Christina Hileman, LMT, CNHP
Hello. I'm Christina Hileman, LMT, CNHP and I graduated first from Trinity School of Natural Health located in Warsaw, IN and then from Integrative Bodywork School of Massage Therapy right here in State College, PA. I bring you bodywork that is skilled, intuitive and healing. Every session is geared to you, as an individual, and your specific needs. I believe our bodies have an innate ability to heal themselves and my goal is to help you find balance so you can not only live a functional life but a productive, even enjoyable one as well. The types of massage I'm trained in are :
- Swedish Massage, sometimes known as circulatory massage, is the most common type of massage. It consists of long, rhythmic strokes which improve circulation, relieve stress and relax muscles. This is great for the first-time client or for those who prefer lighter pressure.
- Sports Massage is a combination of techniques that include joint mobilization, stretching, and trigger point therapy. It is a great choice for clients that have chronic pain, injuries, or limited range of motion. Sports massage is often combined with Swedish massage techniques that help break up lactic acid and lessen muscle recovery time.
- Deep Tissue massage is wonderful for really getting into those areas of chronic pain or tension, and breaking up the adhesion’s that are causing you pain. You may experience mild pain or discomfort during a deep tissue massage session, but don’t let that scare you. Your therapist will always ask you if the pressure is okay and will never push you past your comfort zone. This is great for people with chronic back and neck pain.
- Muscle Energy Technique (MET) helps clients who present with muscle spasm, painful trigger points, and limited range of motion. MET may be used during a massage session to enhance outcomes of improved mobility and comfort for clients. Evidence-based research indicates the value of MET in improving flexibility in clients of all ages, including rehab clients and the fragile elderly.
- Pregnancy Massage gently eases the discomfort that arises with pregnancy. It is done with the client on their back and in a side-lying position. It helps to promote restful sleep, decreased swelling, and reduced stress for the mama-to-be. Please note that pregnancy massage can only be performed AFTER the first trimester.
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is a gentle, non-invasive manual technique that has a powerful effect on the body. Research in Australia, Europe and North America has proven its efficacy as a stand-alone treatment and in combination with other therapies. MLD has grown to be the most well known manual technique to assist lymph flow and aid in drainage of tissues.
- Myofascial Release is a safe and very effective hands-on technique that involves applying gentle sustained pressure into the Myofascial connective tissue restrictions to eliminate pain and restore motion. This essential “time element” has to do with the viscous flow and the piezoelectric phenomenon: a low load (gentle pressure) applied slowly will allow fascia to elongate.
Please visit our online scheduler for a full list of services and fees.